I know firsthand that it takes a ton of guts to stand up in front of an audience. Whether you sing, act, dance, make people laugh - or perform poetry. I definitely believed my high school poetry coach when he said public speaking is one of the biggest fears out there; I spent half my youth terrified of talking period, let alone on a stage or in front of a crowd.Which is why I have so much support and respect for the youth today that have the courage to stand up and do just that. One local group of teens I've had the pleasure of knowing and seeing in action is Young Voices Be Heard.
"In collaboration with Black Pearl Poetry and under the non-profit protection of NORAZ Poets, Young Voices Be Heard is here so young people in Arizona have the opportunity to speak their hearts and minds"
Find out more about Young Voices Be Heard at their official website (still in the early stages) or here on Facebook - where you can also follow along with their experiences at the Brave New Voices spoken word event in LA, happening right now!
____________________________________________________
Photo Credit: Young Voices Be Heard
____________________________________________________
Photo Credit: Young Voices Be Heard
No comments:
Post a Comment