I read a story in my local newspaper last night about a group hiking (or something) that left the elderly man of the batch behind...and he ended up falling and dying. Aside from the sheer stupidity of the situation, this tragedy is a result of not caring. Not caring about who you're with (your characters), not caring about what they're doing (your plot), not caring about what life is really all about (your story).
Lately I've ceased to care about my
So how did I manage to get out of this funk? Aside from a little bit of brainstorming - music. I've always felt music can be one of a writer's most valuable tools - for inspiration, for ideas, for the actual writing...especially when it comes to NaNoWriMo because it's just for the fun of it. Following the tradition we NaNos have formed every year in the NaNoWriMo forums, here's the "soundtrack" to my novel. Maybe it will inspire you too:
1. Lust Is Your Lifestyle - Stages and Stereos
2. His Name - He Is We
3. The Tangle - What's Fair
4. Hate The Way (I'm Falling For You) - Runner Runner
5. This One's For The History Books - Callahan
6. Blue - Ryan Knorr
7. Karmaward - From Jupiter
8. Planes, Oceans and Symphonies - WeatherStar
9. Heart-Shaped State - Friday Night Fever
10. Be - Gilli Moon
All tracks listed are by bands/artists not signed by major record labels, in support of the unsigned.

No comments:
Post a Comment