NaNoWriMo Novel Ideas - Week 1


Us 'Wrimos are only about a week into NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and already I'm behind on my word count. But hey, I know I'll catch up. I'd rather be sick the first week of November and get it over with, than the last week of November and be scrambling to finish. I'm also already hooked on a yet-to-be published NaNo novel other than the one I'm writing.

So around the first of November, I thought I'd be a good friend and check out my writing buddy's NaNoWriMo page. Of course once I found the excerpt from his novel, I had to read it. Then once I started reading, naturally I had to keep reading. Then I couldn't stop reading.

I mean, I knew this guy could draw, but now I'm hooked on his writing.

Okay, so I'm a little biased, since we're "writing buddies" and all. But something about it just...got to me.

"Prologue

There is this place Trent showed me when we were about 9 years old. I remembered it was after I got scolded for spilling green paint all over the carpet when he and I were doing our Neptune project that afternoon. My dad got so pissed that I left the house to get some air to try to escape the yelling and what I would consider back then as “verbal abuse.”

That cold afternoon, Trent asked me to follow him into the an endless area of forest...."

To read the entire excerpt for yourself, visit his NaNoWriMo profile page (click "Novel Info"). Then come back here next week for more fun in NaNo-land.

Novel excerpt belong to Frankie Jayme/Netaro

Flyer belongs to NaNoWriMo/Office of Letters and Light


No comments: