So said the kids on the classic commercial for Nickelodeon Magazine. Nickelodeon Magazine please! Only grown-ups should call.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers.
Sad to say that now kids will no longer be on a mission to get Nick Mag. This summer, Nickelodeon Magazine was canceled and headquarters closed its doors after sixteen years of pranks and fun, making this month's issue the final one. For reasons still unknown to me I never did get my "grown-up" to call to subscribe when I was younger, but I still felt a piece of me die a little when my family got the last issue in the mail last month.
Cover art for last (159th) issue by Sherm CohenThen I thought about the artists/cartoonists that contribute to the magazine, and how I would especially miss reading the comics segment. So to commemorate one of the top kids' magazines, I'm showcasing a couple comics from two of my favorite artists featured in Nick Mag, James Kochalka (the marginal strip, Impy and Wormer) and Mark Martin (the series, Teeny Weeny, the Tiniest Hot Dog in the Universe). Click the images below to enlarge:
Teeny Weeny belongs to Mark Martin
Impy and Wormer belongs to James Kochalka
And now, for one last fun thing: Impy and Wormer animations by Jimminy Kroekel.








No comments:
Post a Comment