Reality Check Your Story

Photo belongs to kylemac

If you're a serious artist and you've been working at your art for a while, then I'm sure you know what it's like. Sometimes we get off-track. Sometimes, we think we've got it, then a few minutes later, our minds want to travel back to where it all started - the drawing board.

At some point in the process, we're eventually going to come face-to-face with, "Where was I going with that?" Everything we create has a purpose to it - we just have to find it. Some are easier to find than others, but sometimes all it takes is a little wondering about the why you wanted to tell this story in the first place. Rather than completely give up on your creation, maybe all your story really needs is a reality check.

Think - do I still get excited thinking about my idea? If your answer is No, what can you do to get back to that?

Communicate with someone about what you're trying to achieve and discuss why that's not happening.

Make a change for improvement. Even if you end up taking a step backward, better one step forward than no step at all.

Think again - is this still the story I want to tell?

Check, check, and double-check. Have your own check-list for improvement? Share how you "reality check" yourself or your work in the comments!

No comments: